Friday, April 8, 2011

The Old Toy Store and Walking the Line

Hi Everyone,

Allison here.  Do you love the videos?  You can make one too!  Send a link to us at timeimmemorialtour at gmail dot com  We want your testimonial!

I'm exhausted and about to sleep after a great opening night.  It was a good show, an odd show, as it seems the lines from the script seemed to jumble themselves into thin air, and the emotions of the scene became fresh again.  Each and every scene, felt new.

Perhaps because I remember when the Empress Theatre used to be the Old Toy Store, way long long ago, when I was a kid.  Today, I walked down the back stairs of the theatre to go to the bathroom, and a RUSH of memories flooded through me, remembering when I walked down those same stairs as a young six year old Allison, going downstairs to the shoe store from the toy store.

Perhaps that is why so many of the scenes felt emotionally infused tonight, with freshness and intensity.  The audience laughed, they cried.  They were affected and they loved it.

When I return to Anchorage, and for folks in Fairbanks, or anywhere, we both need friends to be on book so that we can run our lines together, or apart.  I imagine a friend in Anchorage, meeting me for lunch, and they hold the script, with me reciting lines.

I appreciated the show tonight, even though it felt like we were walking "the line".  Walking the lines, walking in between the lines, walking around the lines, finding new emotions within the lines.

If you believe in our work, you can make a paypal donation to my paypal account at:
akootchook at gmail dot com

It will go toward our overall expenses.  We are hoping to at least break even here in Fairbanks.  We are hoping more and more folks in Anchorage will rally their friends and buy their tickets online now at www.centertix.net so that we don't need to go into panic mode.  We are hoping to fill Thursday, April 21st in Anchorage - and we will have "special guest artist appearances" on Thursday, April 21st to help make that happen.

We are hoping to see you share about this tour on your social media!  We want to see your faces in our audiences.  We send you love!  Thanks for the video testimonials!  More tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment